Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Mission Statement


Every October I have this unquenchable desire to watch as many frightening movies I can find. Unfortunately, finding a scary movie is a hit or miss kind of endeavor, and for me, it’s been mostly a miss. So I make a resolution every year to find the best scary movie, but whenever I research the scariest scary movies, I can never find anything other than The Exorcist or The Omen; movies I can barely sit through without slipping into a coma. I’ve decided to make my own list of the best scary movies I’ve seen. I’ve come up with my own rating system, and a method/formula for how I rate them. I know I’ll miss certain awesome movies so, if anyone has a movie I haven’t mentioned, or you don’t think I’ll know, tell me about it! I am on a mission to find a great scary movie, and the more help, the better.

As of now, I've got a small list of some of the best movies I've seen this year. 

1. Shutter *the original* (Thailand, 2004) Dir. Banjong Pisanthanakun & Parkpoom Wongpoom
2. Them or Ils (France, 2006) Dir. David Moreau & Xavier Palud
3. The Maid (Malaysia, 2005) Dir. Kelvin Tong
4. Muoi: the Legend of a Portrait (Korea, 2007) Dir. Tae-Kyeong Kim

I'll discuss each of these movies separately at a later date. As for other good scary movies? There are more to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment